Wednesday 24 September 2014

Torres scored for the first time in Serie A

Torres: I would swap my goal for a win
The Rossoneri went 2-0 down after 21 minutes at the Castellani Stadium, but strikes from Torres and Keisuke Honda levelled the game.

However, they could not go on to take all three points - despite Jeremy Menez hitting the crossbar and Empoli's Mirko Valdifiori being sent off late on, meaning Pippo Inzaghi's men were forced to settle for a draw.

"I am happy for the goal, but I would gladly exchange it for three points," Torres told Milan Channel.

"The important thing for a forward is that the side creates chances to score goals. The rest doesn’t count much. We come away from Empoli disappointed, but we reacted well. 

"I am trying to adapt to the needs of the team ... With great players like those at Milan, it’s easy to understand each other. 

"I am happy and I am gaining in confidence. However, you can always do better." 

Meanwhile, Milan coach Filippo Inzaghi said his troops paid the price for a desperately sloppy start to the game.

"I cannot explain what happened at the start of the match," said the former Italy forward. 

"The team gave everything, created a lot and we have to look at it as the glass being half full.

"We have the spirit, the desire and the best attack. I will try and make everyone improve and we have to work on set-pieces. We faced an uphill start straight away, but then, the team was fantastic. 

"I regret the first 30 minutes today, but my players are human and I am not able to get angry with them because they always give everything. We paid for the first half an hour.
comment on this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment