Sunday 26 October 2014

McCarthy does not regret Liverpool snub

Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Alex McCarthy has revealed he
does not regret choosing the Super Hoops over Liverpool.
McCarthy, 24, chose to join QPR over Liverpool in the
summer, and made his club debut in the 3-2 defeat to the Reds
last week.
The 24-year-old is prepared for Monday's crucial league fixture
against Aston Villa at Loftus Road, but Harry Redknapp may
choose to replace him with Rob Green, who has been declared
fit after recovering from illness.
"I don't regret the decision I have made up to now," said
McCarthy.
"Harry was a big part of me coming here. The things he said to
me swayed my decision.
"I spoke to both managers and everything the gaffer here said to
me I liked, and that's why I'm here now.
"Coming to a new club you want to get your first game under
your belt and I'm over the moon to get that first game out of the
way.
"The main focus for me now is to keep training hard week in,
week out and give the manager a decision to make."
Now then, did McCarthy make the right decision in snubbing
Liverpool for Queens Park Rangers?
In short, yes. The former Reading shot-stopper will, eventually,
replace Green as the No. 1 goalkeeper for QPR.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment