Thursday 9 October 2014

Jozy Altidore:I will leave Sunderland in the January transfer window


Jozy Altidore says he will look to leave Sunderland in the January transfer window if he fails to secure regular first-team football.  The 24-year-old has made only four substitute appearances in the Premier League this season but started in both of the club’s League Cup fixtures and scored in the 2-1 defeat at home to Stoke City in September.  Altidore insists a priority is to remain part of the United States national team and believes that he needs to be given more minutes by Gus Poyet so that he is not overlooked by his country.  "I thought I've done everything I could this season to come in fit, and get as fit as possible with the injury, and try and make an impact when I played," Altidore told reporters.  "[The next] four years, I want to be part of the national team. Jurgen [Klinsmann] makes his messages very clear, and nobody is different.  "If it doesn't turn around, in January then I'll be looking to start elsewhere, and make sure I'm in his plans going forward."

comment on this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment