Tuesday 7 October 2014

DAVID DE GEA:I ALMOST QUIT MANCHESTER UNITED


David de Gea has hinted that he considering quitting Manchester United after a "difficult" first season.  De Gea was scrutinised during his debut season, having arrived from Atletico Madrid as a £17.8 million replacement for Edwin van der Sar in 2011, and eventually lost his place in the starting line-up.  The goalkeeper, who was named United's Player of the Year last term and produced a man-of-the-match display during the 2-1 win over Everton on Sunday, was asked if he had thought about a move away from Old Trafford in the harder moments: "Sometimes. It was difficult when you get a lot of criticism like I did," he replied. "But I kept strong and I always tried to remain positive.  "I loved training. It was a great pleasure, so I just did my work and worked through it. Those early days were difficult for me and my family. But when you play for a big club like Manchester United it is normal.  "I am glad it happened in some ways because the criticism makes you stronger. A goalkeeper is a difficult position and you make mistakes. But you have to be strong in your mind to get through it all and get better."
comment on this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment