Tuesday 7 October 2014

DAVID VILLA ALMOST COMPLETE MELBOURNE CITY MOVE

Villa: I'm ready for A-League adventure

David Villa insists that he is completely ready to make his A-League bow with Melbourne City after training with his new club for the first time on Monday.  The Atletico Madrid star left the Spanish capital in the summer and has not featured since his country's final World Cup match.  However, he says he will be prepared to feature against Sydney FC on Saturday as he begins his loan spell in Australia following a move to New York City FC, despite his lengthy break over the last few months.  "I feel good, I feel prepared," Villa told reporters.  "I've been working hard. I obviously had a break [after the World Cup], my last game was the Spain-Australia game but then I took the usual summer break that every player takes.  "But I've been working hard and I've been training to be ready and I hope to be ready for the game."  Villa insisted he didn't need to arrive any earlier in Melbourne due to the "constant communication" between all parties involved in the City Football Group, who own Manchester City, New York City and Melbourne City.
comment on this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment